Monday, December 17, 2012

From the principal at MPS

Posting this information from Mrs. Hopson,

Dear MPS Families,
I recognize that it is late in the evening and you may not receive this message until Monday, however I wish to share with you some information as we prepare for our week ahead.
As a parent of a Kindergartener myself, I spent the weekend doing much reflecting and questioning. You may also be doing the same in response to the tragedy in Connecticut. The purpose for this message is to provide you with open communication in hopes to bring some reassurance.

Tomorrow morning, I will be meeting with the staff before school begins. We will discuss our plans for supporting one another as well as our students. In addition, I will be working with our assistant principal, staff and central office administrators to review our School Crisis Plan and evaluate all layers of security within and surrounding the building.
I have been informed that our School Resource Officer along with town officers will increase their presence on our campus throughout the week.  I will continue to keep the lines of communication open with you throughout this process.

As always, please feel free contact myself, Mrs. Wrzesinski (assistant principal) and/or Janice Police, our school counselor if you have questions, concerns or need guidance.
Thank you for your continued support.

Respectfully,
Karen Hopson
Principal, MPS