MES Teacher Appreciation Week
Monday, May 5th - Friday, May 9th!
The MPS/MES PTA would like to honor our awesome teachers and staff by giving a special thanks to everyone that make MES a great place to learn! They say it takes a village to raise a child, and the staff at MES takes that to heart. Let’s show them all how much they are appreciated!
We have organized a number of activities in which students and their families can show their appreciation. Students are encouraged to participate in the following activities to make this week extra special! ALL of the various requests for volunteers and/or contributions can be accessed via Sign-Up Genius using the links noted under each activity!
Monday May 5th: Notes of Appreciation, Teacher/Staff Breakfast and Bus Driver Appreciation.
We will need volunteers to assist with breakfast set-up/clean-up and delivering of goodybags to the bus drivers. (No food contributions are needed)!
• Teacher/Staff Breakfast will be provided in the teacher’s lounge courtesy of the PTA. Volunteer your time to help with set-up and clean-up!
• “Thank You” to our Bus Drivers & their Aides for transporting our children safely to and from school! PTA will be providing each driver with a “Breakfast Goody Bag”! Volunteers needed to distribute the bags.
• We want to create a “wall of appreciation” that will be on display for the teachers and staff to read. Please have your child express a note of appreciation for any teacher and/or staff member by writing a “Thank You Note”! Return the notes anytime during the week of May 5th. We have a “Butterfly Theme” this year if your child would like to design a TY Note around the theme!
Tuesday May 6th through Thursday May 8th - Grade Level Luncheons:
• We will be hosting a luncheon for our teachers and staff on the following days! We will need 2 volunteers to assist each day, as well as donations of food, drinks and raffle prizes!
• We will hold drawings during each grade level luncheon and need small donations i.e.: Gift cards (restaurants, book store, coffee shop, movies, etc.), gift baskets, or whatever donation you would like to contribute. Donations can be sent to the front office in advance of TA week - Please clearly mark Teacher Appreciation Attn.: PTA. Sign-ups for donations can be found under the 3rd, 4th or 5th grade luncheon links.
Your MES Teacher Appreciation Coordinators - Sue Hartman and Cristine Doyon